Saturday, December 22, 2007
3 long weeks
It has been 3 weeks since John started feeling sick. I really know the road to the hospital well, I am sure the car could drive itself there.
No good news yet, the Cryptococcal Meningoencephalitis remains present, so it looks like the twice daily visits to the hospital will continue for at least another week. I did manage to stitch this fridge magnet while hospital sitting - rather appropriate at the moment.
Christmas will be interesting as we fit our traditional celebrations around hospital visits and cross our fingers that the Christmas morning visit doesn't become an all day saga. John is adamant that Christmas will go on as normal, so we will just tweak it. The boys will have to get up extra early, just like when they were little - not so easy now they are teens. We will open stockings and then John and I will head to hospital. The boys can make themselves human and put the finishing touches to Christmas dinner. We'll open gifts and have dinner when
we get home from hospital and then hopefully get a little rest before heading back to the hospital in the evening.
The highlight of my week was a beautiful flower arrangement from Kathy and John in the US, perfect timing in what was a horrible week.
Comments:
<< Home
Oh Sandy...I hope the flowers brought a little bit of sunlight into your life. I can't imagine what you are all going through....you are amazing!
Hey Sandy I have been checking in and keeping an eye out for an update.
Love the magnet and yes it probably is very appropriate right now :)
The flowers are beautiful.
I am sure Christmas day will go off without a hitch. Just remember you will get to bee together so thats a blessing.
Have a fantastic Christmas and I hope the new year brings good health and fortune your way.
Nise
Post a Comment
Love the magnet and yes it probably is very appropriate right now :)
The flowers are beautiful.
I am sure Christmas day will go off without a hitch. Just remember you will get to bee together so thats a blessing.
Have a fantastic Christmas and I hope the new year brings good health and fortune your way.
Nise
<< Home
