Thursday, October 18, 2007
Gratitude
Reading my dear friend Kathy's blog this morning reminded me how important it is to focus on the positive in life. Turning 60 Kathy listed 60 things that she is grateful for and her suggestion of a gratitude journal prompted me to think of all things positive I have in my life. I've definitely had some very down times over the past few years and when I think about it things have always been bleakest when I have concentrated on what was wrong in life and forgotten what is so good.
So today, here is my little list of what I am grateful for
1. My husband of almost 24 years who is my best friend and loves me...I know because he tells me every day.
2. My boys who are almost grown, but still admit they love me.
3. My cross stitch which is my great escape from reality
4. My home, old and a renovator's dream, but it is home
5. My long term online friends Kathy and Riet and our weekly chats - how many years we have chatted and they have always been the greatest support for me.
6. The renal transplant team - such talented, caring human beings.
7. Stephen McDonald - renal specialist with great humour and compassion, always makes us laugh.
8. Coffee
9. Chocolate
10. All the Aussie online friends who care about me and show it through messages, calls and even made me a gorgeous quilt.
11.The colour yellow
12. Healthy eyes even though the sight is deteriorating, glasses are great
13.Hot showers
14. Hugs
15. Christmas
16. My bed
17. TV
18. Popcorn
19. Real mail
20. Email
21. Roses
22. Walking
23. The government scheme which heavily subsidises the drugs John needs
24. My quiet time in the mornings
25. Comfy socks
26. Laughing out loud till I cry
27. The smell of freshly cut grass
28. Rain on the roof
29. Freshly baked cookies
30. Birds singing that wakes me every morning
31. Michael Buble songs
32. John Farnham songs
33. Music in general
34. Flowers
35. Chocolate cake
36. My scars from the kidney transplant because they remind me that I did something truly meaningful.
37. My sisters who remember to ring once in a while
38. My brothers, who ring less but are there if I need them.
39. Independence.
40. The best cheese and tomato sandwiches ever at the hospital canteen
41. Going out for breakfast
42. My car
43. Life
So lots to be thankful for. Note Kathy I managed 43 to match my age LOL.
So today, here is my little list of what I am grateful for
1. My husband of almost 24 years who is my best friend and loves me...I know because he tells me every day.
2. My boys who are almost grown, but still admit they love me.
3. My cross stitch which is my great escape from reality
4. My home, old and a renovator's dream, but it is home
5. My long term online friends Kathy and Riet and our weekly chats - how many years we have chatted and they have always been the greatest support for me.
6. The renal transplant team - such talented, caring human beings.
7. Stephen McDonald - renal specialist with great humour and compassion, always makes us laugh.
8. Coffee
9. Chocolate
10. All the Aussie online friends who care about me and show it through messages, calls and even made me a gorgeous quilt.
11.The colour yellow
12. Healthy eyes even though the sight is deteriorating, glasses are great
13.Hot showers
14. Hugs
15. Christmas
16. My bed
17. TV
18. Popcorn
19. Real mail
20. Email
21. Roses
22. Walking
23. The government scheme which heavily subsidises the drugs John needs
24. My quiet time in the mornings
25. Comfy socks
26. Laughing out loud till I cry
27. The smell of freshly cut grass
28. Rain on the roof
29. Freshly baked cookies
30. Birds singing that wakes me every morning
31. Michael Buble songs
32. John Farnham songs
33. Music in general
34. Flowers
35. Chocolate cake
36. My scars from the kidney transplant because they remind me that I did something truly meaningful.
37. My sisters who remember to ring once in a while
38. My brothers, who ring less but are there if I need them.
39. Independence.
40. The best cheese and tomato sandwiches ever at the hospital canteen
41. Going out for breakfast
42. My car
43. Life
So lots to be thankful for. Note Kathy I managed 43 to match my age LOL.
Comments:
<< Home
Wonderful post Sandy! I started my Gratitude Journal yesterday. Each evening I will jot down a note about something that I was grateful for. Doesn't it feel wonderful? Good job!
Wow Sandy, you did so well. I don't think I will be able to make a list as 69 is soooo much and I am grateful for everything in my life I believe.
Sandy, You bought tears to my eyes. Thank you for making the readers of your blog remember that life generally is good.
Janine
Post a Comment
Janine
<< Home
