Saturday, August 04, 2007
Progress
Fish City is growing, though my camera skills are not improving LOL. I cut off a bit of the right hand edge. There is definitely a LOT of stitching on this piece.
On the medical front. John saw his specialist yesterday and while his creatinine is still 171 he is staying away from the hospital until July 21st. Still on high drug levels and that will be reviewed after the next lot of blood tests. Fingers crossed by the time we get to the first anniversary of the transplant we'll be able to relax a bit.
Simon had an MRI of his right knee which continues to give him problems. He is booked in for an x-ray early September and will revisit his orthopaedic surgeon then to discuss options. The last x-rays in February showed a bone fragment floating around in his knee, so that may need to be surgically removed.
We are still waiting on a neurology appointment for Shane and he'll go back to see his renal specialist in December for another ultrasound on his kidneys and a check up. The other 3 boys all need ultrasounds too. They will have one every 2 years until they are about 25 to watch for polycystic kidney disease.
It is certainly never dull around here. I can't believe we actually have 9 days straight now with no appointments! I don't think I'll tell anyone LOL.
Same old, same old today as I have grocery shopping to do. Then I might get some more photo albums and finish sorting family photos.
Late night tonight as Simon is driving himself to a friend's birthday party. He is picking up another friend and dropping him home afterwards and then getting himself home safely by midnight. Scary for me though. John will be at work so I get waiting up duty. Hopefully Simon doesn't get himself lost in the dark LOL.