Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Long time between posts
Well, I have been lazy with posting, but I have been busy with life.
We all started clearing the backyard on Saturday and Simon and I did some more on Sunday, everyone else was too tired. Though John had a good day on Saturday, he was pretty wiped out Sunday, which is one of the big frustrations. Hopefully his energy level and muscle tone will improve as time goes on for now it is a big frustration for him.
The backyard is a huge undertaking. We have cleared what was a mess at the side of the house. Originally there was a big old water tank there, but it rusted through and was leaking. We got that out and taken away by a scrap metal collector. The original owners of the house had used the area to bury all the old left over bricks and there were 6 big redwood sleepers under the water tank. Now everything is dug out, weeded and clear. Next step is to remove some of the top soil, level it all out and put down weed mat and gravel. Nothing will ever grow there, but we plan to put a small garden shed and a new dog house down that side of the house.
Next I have to tackle my lovely flower beds. I am digging new ones at the back of the house. Moving my original ones as John's new shed will sit where the flower beds are at the moment.
Another small area at the side of the driveway will be cleared and then weed matted and gravelled. The aim is to make things as low maintenance as possible.
Sunday we had to take some time out and go to buy Justin a new bed base as his old one broke in half!! It was old and his new bed is much nicer. While we were out we went to a local market and bought fruit and vegetables for the week.
I have managed to stitch a little between jobs LOL. I started a new project, a little Tigger for John. I'll probably finish that today and then I can get back to my big projects again.
One more big job this week, clearing the lounge room and shampooing the carpet - YUCK! Will have to check the weather first so I can be sure it will dry properly.
We all started clearing the backyard on Saturday and Simon and I did some more on Sunday, everyone else was too tired. Though John had a good day on Saturday, he was pretty wiped out Sunday, which is one of the big frustrations. Hopefully his energy level and muscle tone will improve as time goes on for now it is a big frustration for him.
The backyard is a huge undertaking. We have cleared what was a mess at the side of the house. Originally there was a big old water tank there, but it rusted through and was leaking. We got that out and taken away by a scrap metal collector. The original owners of the house had used the area to bury all the old left over bricks and there were 6 big redwood sleepers under the water tank. Now everything is dug out, weeded and clear. Next step is to remove some of the top soil, level it all out and put down weed mat and gravel. Nothing will ever grow there, but we plan to put a small garden shed and a new dog house down that side of the house.
Next I have to tackle my lovely flower beds. I am digging new ones at the back of the house. Moving my original ones as John's new shed will sit where the flower beds are at the moment.
Another small area at the side of the driveway will be cleared and then weed matted and gravelled. The aim is to make things as low maintenance as possible.
Sunday we had to take some time out and go to buy Justin a new bed base as his old one broke in half!! It was old and his new bed is much nicer. While we were out we went to a local market and bought fruit and vegetables for the week.
I have managed to stitch a little between jobs LOL. I started a new project, a little Tigger for John. I'll probably finish that today and then I can get back to my big projects again.
One more big job this week, clearing the lounge room and shampooing the carpet - YUCK! Will have to check the weather first so I can be sure it will dry properly.