Friday, July 20, 2007

 

TGIF!!

What a week it has been.

We visited the in laws on Sunday as it was BIL's birthday and I had a big bag of chicken scraps to drop off. Neither of us were in the mood, but we did it anyway.
The in laws go from one extreme to the other with John's health, either on the phone in tears or we don't hear from them all week. The latter is better :)

Monday was a busy day, John trotted off to the hospital again while I took Simon to get his braces off. It took just over an hour and I was so bored LOL my least favourite activity is walking around a shopping centre, even worse when none of the shops apart from the supermarket are actually open.
When we got home John was already here, not much happens with the hospital check ups until they get his blood work back.

Tuesday afternoon John took Simon back to the orthodontist to pick up his retainer. What fun that will be for him for the next 12 months, but his teeth do look great.

Wednesday Simon went to pick his girlfriend up so she could spend the day here. We are getting to know her a bit now. If her dad finds out she is visiting though she will be in trouble. But they have to make decisions and deal with the consequences.

Thursday we were back to the hospital for yet another check up. John's creatinine continues to be high, but that is due to the high levels of drugs he is on to prevent further rejection of the kidney. We are really lucky that he has a great team of doctors and his specialist in particular is great, nice to have a doctor that we like and who has a sense of humour. He pointed out that John is chronically sleep deprived because of his night shift, 'man cannot survive on little sleep.' When I asked "what about woman? since I get less sleep than John" he said "But you're a woman, remember if a man gets a cold it's an emergency, call the ambulance, it could be life threatening."

After the hospital we had to pay the mortgage and shopped for new shoes, what a nightmare. I have big feet so finding stuff in my size is hard enough. Harris Scarfe had a good sale on sneakers and I found a pair in a pile with a sign that said $39. Got to the check out and they rang up as $120. The girl serving had to call the manager for a price override, fair enough. The only trouble is this is a big store and there were a total of 7 staff on for the day, only 1 manager. When the manager finally arrived she did an override and rang the shoes up as $50. When I pointed out that they were marked $39 on the shelf the manager had to go and do a price check. It turned out that they display all of the same brand name of shoes under the special price but it is only certain models that are on sale, so annoying. But she did give them to me for $45. This is why I really dislike shopping.

Today I was hoping to do nothing, it is cold and I am tired, but we have to put the car in for a service as Simon will be driving back and forth to school from Tuesday. So we'll toddle off early and drop John's car in and then have to pick it up later today. Maybe Saturday I'll stay in my pjs and stitch.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?