Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Feeling a bit better, happier...

...not so down in the dumps. Still the unknown with the kidney transplant and we'll just keep hanging on tight for the roller coaster ride that our lives have become, but one day at a time.

The best thing of the week was meeting the 'teacher'.
I have great respect for good teachers having been a teacher myself and cosidered a good one. I actually had a parent stop me in the shopping centre the other day to talk about her son - I taught him 10 years ago and she still remembers me, so that was pretty good.
But the best was the interview with Simon's 'teacher'. What a joke, waffling waste of time. He contradicted himself and his letter so much it was funny. His letter accused Simon of having anger issues for the past 18 months. While he was talking to me he said that he just sensed aggression from the moment he met Simon and now he watches Simon out of the corner of his eye and he can see that he is weighing him up.
I wanted to know why then Simon was placed in the same teacher's home group for 2007 if he had been such an aggressive problem in 2006. The teacher said that he was really pleased when he saw Simon was in his class again as he is such a motivated student. Huh?? Call me confused. If a student displayed aggression towards you for a full year why would you choose to have that student in your class again?
I pointed out that we have never had issues with Simon with any other adult - school, work or athletics, that this is the first we have heard about anger issues in 11 years at school. The teacher's response, "Everyone else must have worked our how to deal with Simon and never offer him help or advice. So I'll have to change my approach and never help or criticise Simon."
Just bizarre. It ended with him saying that Simon is very good and he should go into advanced English.
We never did get to the part of the letter where he says Simon and his girlfriend are too affectionate at school "indicating possible extreme sexual contact."
Sadly this man will continue 'teaching' until retirement age, not far away but what a joke.
There is a semester change in a week, so we'll see if Simon still has him for English and swap classes if necessary.

But it was the best laugh of the week.

Today I have a busy day cooking ready for Bradley's 20th birthday. Home made sausage rolls, spicy vegetable triangles, mini quiches, caramel slice, cupcakes and whatever else I think of. I bought a packet mix for a Caramel mudcake so will give that a try. If it doesn't turn out I'll cheat and buy one from the Cheesecake shop when we got out tomorrow. Bradley and I are having a mother/son day out for his birthday.

Now off to cook :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?