Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

I have wheels again

We picked up my Kia last night and it is running nicely. Our friendly mechanic says it should definitely last the next few years with its refurbished engine. We are just over $4000 poorer, so that is not a good thing. We really only NEED the second car for another couple of years while the boys are in school, so if we can hang out till then we can trade both cars in then for one nice car. Right now we don't want to buy ourselves anymore debt so we'll see what the next few months bring with the Kia. If it even looks like playing up we'll get rid of it.

Today we are off again to athletics. Simon, Shane and I will walk over to Little Athletics this morning, then Simon has Seniors Championships this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. Busy weekend for him.

The house is tidy, all washing and ironing is done. I NEED more sleep, but that wasn't happening so I got up at 4.30am. More stitching time I guess LOL. I'll stitch till athletics and then stitch the afternoon away too.

John had a check up at the hospital yesterday. His specialist said "Your kidney is happy in its new home." Hopefully it continues to be happy :)
On Tuesday he has to change one of his main medications and go onto a long term immunosuppressant. The first dose is 15 tablets (plus the others he takes already) after that it is 5 tablets a day, plus whatever others he takes, I've lost count.

My ankle and foot started hurting again last night after cracking during the day yesterday, not as bad as before, but not as good as it was after the injections. Today will be a good test walking around at athletics for a couple of hours, then I'll let the specialist know in April if it is still a problem.

I finally booked in to have my wisdom teeth removed - OUCH. April 17th as a day surgery. Definitely not looking forward to that, but it needs to be done.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?