Friday, January 05, 2007
What a day Thursday was!!
Forget the fact that it was 40 degrees celsius and I felt like I was melting all day.
Add to that John's salary was messed up, about $300 short for the fortnight, and he won't know why until Monday!! We'll cope, but really it is frustrating as he has been on basic pay for 3 months and things are getting a little tight. We were looking forward to a normal pay.
Then to top it off we have yet another new postie, who couldn't see our mail box. So he zoomed right past. Since we have a big, wide cream coloured mail box set into our silver coloured fence it is pretty obvious even from a distance. But every new postie misses it and then I have to ring the Post Office and tell them yet again that we are not getting our mail. You see we live at Number 12 on a corner, the house next to us is also Number 12 - different street name but same number house. We either get their mail or they get ours. Luckily we know the neighbours. Poor planning on the councils part when the houses were assigned numbers, but that is not our fault.
I guess I am just extra cranky because it is SOOO hot!!! Today is set to be the same, and at 40 celsius for a few days the house gets over heated. Eventually we hope to aircondition the whole house, but for now we suffer.
Ok complaining over :)
Add to that John's salary was messed up, about $300 short for the fortnight, and he won't know why until Monday!! We'll cope, but really it is frustrating as he has been on basic pay for 3 months and things are getting a little tight. We were looking forward to a normal pay.
Then to top it off we have yet another new postie, who couldn't see our mail box. So he zoomed right past. Since we have a big, wide cream coloured mail box set into our silver coloured fence it is pretty obvious even from a distance. But every new postie misses it and then I have to ring the Post Office and tell them yet again that we are not getting our mail. You see we live at Number 12 on a corner, the house next to us is also Number 12 - different street name but same number house. We either get their mail or they get ours. Luckily we know the neighbours. Poor planning on the councils part when the houses were assigned numbers, but that is not our fault.
I guess I am just extra cranky because it is SOOO hot!!! Today is set to be the same, and at 40 celsius for a few days the house gets over heated. Eventually we hope to aircondition the whole house, but for now we suffer.
Ok complaining over :)