Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Not a Happy Hopper!!
Well, I went to the GP yesterday and have been referred to the orthopaedic surgeon for assessment and management of my tenosynovitis, or very sore ankle LOL. But, the first available appointment is February 1st. I know the time will fly by, but I am not happy as the GP made no other suggestion as to what to do in the meantime, even when I said "so I guess I'll just hop for 6 weeks."
By the time I see the surgeon it will have been a full year, 6 appointments with the GP, x-rays, scans and an ultrasound - definitely a well studied ankle.
So I still don't know if I need surgery, I am hoping not. For now I'll keep strapping, icing and resting my foot and we'll see what February brings.
I'm kicking myself because had we gone to the over burdened hospital emergency room when all this started I probably would have been given a nice splint to immobilise the joint and give it the complete rest it needs.
Not to worry at least this way I get to see a surgeon we know and trust.
I'm actually home all day today!! Have the usual housework but not too much.
Simon needs to clear a space in his bedroom as Paul is coming to sleep over on Thursday.
We'll be off to the hospital on Thursday morning and before we know it Christmas Day will dawn.
By the time I see the surgeon it will have been a full year, 6 appointments with the GP, x-rays, scans and an ultrasound - definitely a well studied ankle.
So I still don't know if I need surgery, I am hoping not. For now I'll keep strapping, icing and resting my foot and we'll see what February brings.
I'm kicking myself because had we gone to the over burdened hospital emergency room when all this started I probably would have been given a nice splint to immobilise the joint and give it the complete rest it needs.
Not to worry at least this way I get to see a surgeon we know and trust.
I'm actually home all day today!! Have the usual housework but not too much.
Simon needs to clear a space in his bedroom as Paul is coming to sleep over on Thursday.
We'll be off to the hospital on Thursday morning and before we know it Christmas Day will dawn.