Friday, December 22, 2006

 

Have to shake this feeling

and brighten up before Christmas Eve.
John's creatinine has risen again, from 135 to 147. The last time this happened mid-November was the start of the really bad couple of weeks, biopsies, changing medications and stress. John says not to worry, but I can't shake this down feeling.
Logically I know if his specialist was really concerned he would want to see John again sooner than Friday the 29th. But logic and emotion don't often go together.

To top a down day off, my mum rang to find out how old one of my uncles is. Uncle Donny is 65 and has been given 6 months to live as he has pancreatic cancer. Being the keeper of the family history mum had to call me as dad can't remember how old any of his own children are let alone his brothers. It is just so sad to think of Uncle Donny knowing there is nothing anyone can do. Dad is sad as he hasn't seen his family for 42 years and needs to say goodbye to his little brother from such a distance.

But I know I have to shake this feeling and as John said have a really good Christmas with the boys.

Picking up the Christmas ham and starting my Christmas baking will help.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?