Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Goodbye 2006

What a year and it has really flown by.
Now as the year comes to an end I'm planning a much quieter year in 2007. But we'll see what the future holds.
Hard to believe I'll be 43, I still feel like I'm 18....until I look in the mirror LOL.
My babies are not babies anymore and they are all taller than me.
No great New Year's resolutions. Just to enjoy life every single day, thankful for what we have.
I really want our boys to live life to the full and I look for little quotes to put up for them to read and maybe absorb - you just never know with males :)
The 2 on the pantry at the moment - on the pantry since food is a constant in their minds - are:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo, what a ride!" - I saw this with a little variation on a cross stitch chart and loved it.

The second one I've always loved:

Work like you don't need money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
Sing like nobody's listening
Be surprised like you were born yesterday
Tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything
Live like it's Heaven on Earth

There are another couple I need to hunt down. One talks about the dash between the date of birth and date of death, the dates not being important but what you do in the dash. The other is something about wishing you enough.

We really are lucky with our sons, despite a few health problems and challenges, they truly are good kids, becoming good men. That is what John and I set out to do - raise good men. So far so good as long as we survive their teenage years LOL.

So today the last day of the year I plan to get the house under control, make a coconut cream pie for dessert tonight, then relax with some stitching. I have 3 projects to finish for others, so that is my first goal for 2007, then I plan to stitch for fun. This afternoon one of my brother's and his wife will be visiting and this evening we drop Simon off at a party, then ring the New Year in waiting to go and pick him up - the joys of parenting teens LOL.

Happy New Year - 2007

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?