Monday, November 06, 2006
Exhaustion
Boy am I tired!!
I know why, but it is still driving me mad. It is almost 6 weeks since the surgery and I know I would be feeling better by now if I hadn't ended up with the chest infection and breathing trouble. Now I am on well on the road to recovery from that but oh so tired.
John did say it is because I don't stop and I admit I've had some busy days.
Saturday I went to athletics with the boys and ended up working in the canteen, so I was on my feet for 4 hours there. Then I had to drive into town and buy a new blood pressure monitor for John, so it was a very long day.
When I did get home I sat for a little while, but there were things to do...washing, dinner, same old same old!! John and I went for a walk to pick up some steaks for dinner.
By 8.30pm I was struggling to keep my eyes open so ended up in bed extra early, and here I was thinking I could stay up grown up hours again LOL.
Sunday was definitely not a day of rest. I cooked breakfast, then relaxed a little before I had to take Simon shopping for new work shoes...why couldn't he have said something the other day when he was at the shop with us? Teenagers LOL.
Home again for lunch and washing, then ironing. Oh and silly me promised home made pizzas for dinner, so made the dough from scratch too.
I managed to stay awake until 9.30pm and then was off to bed again.
Today John is off to the hospital, I am driving the boys to school and stopping in at my in laws to drop off some scraps for the chickens and have a cup of tea. Then home to hopefully rest. Just need to learn to switch my brain off and stop thinking about all the things I should be doing :)
I know why, but it is still driving me mad. It is almost 6 weeks since the surgery and I know I would be feeling better by now if I hadn't ended up with the chest infection and breathing trouble. Now I am on well on the road to recovery from that but oh so tired.
John did say it is because I don't stop and I admit I've had some busy days.
Saturday I went to athletics with the boys and ended up working in the canteen, so I was on my feet for 4 hours there. Then I had to drive into town and buy a new blood pressure monitor for John, so it was a very long day.
When I did get home I sat for a little while, but there were things to do...washing, dinner, same old same old!! John and I went for a walk to pick up some steaks for dinner.
By 8.30pm I was struggling to keep my eyes open so ended up in bed extra early, and here I was thinking I could stay up grown up hours again LOL.
Sunday was definitely not a day of rest. I cooked breakfast, then relaxed a little before I had to take Simon shopping for new work shoes...why couldn't he have said something the other day when he was at the shop with us? Teenagers LOL.
Home again for lunch and washing, then ironing. Oh and silly me promised home made pizzas for dinner, so made the dough from scratch too.
I managed to stay awake until 9.30pm and then was off to bed again.
Today John is off to the hospital, I am driving the boys to school and stopping in at my in laws to drop off some scraps for the chickens and have a cup of tea. Then home to hopefully rest. Just need to learn to switch my brain off and stop thinking about all the things I should be doing :)