Wednesday, October 04, 2006
One week post transplant
Here we are 1 week since the surgery. Hopefully I am bringing John home today.
We were so elated when the transplanted kidney worked so well and got his creatinine levels down to normal for the first time in years by the Sunday morning post transplant. Now just stressed as the biopsy on Tuesday showed the kidney has had a 15 to 20% rejection and his creatinine level has risen again, only 12 points above normal, but not what we wanted to hear. Hopefully the rejection can be controlled with drugs, we really need this kidney to hang in there for as long as possible.
A friend is coming to pick me up this morning and drive me to the hospital. I'll have my blood test and then sit with John until he is discharged, fingers crossed there are no more set backs and he does come home today.
I'm really feeling like I've been hit by a truck and since we will be back and forth to the hospital daily for at least the next 2 weeks, I can't see the feeling passing for a while.
The boys have been great, helping out and behaving. You wouldn't know there are 4 teenaged boys in the house at all. Maybe this will continue when I am back on my feet LOL.
We were so elated when the transplanted kidney worked so well and got his creatinine levels down to normal for the first time in years by the Sunday morning post transplant. Now just stressed as the biopsy on Tuesday showed the kidney has had a 15 to 20% rejection and his creatinine level has risen again, only 12 points above normal, but not what we wanted to hear. Hopefully the rejection can be controlled with drugs, we really need this kidney to hang in there for as long as possible.
A friend is coming to pick me up this morning and drive me to the hospital. I'll have my blood test and then sit with John until he is discharged, fingers crossed there are no more set backs and he does come home today.
I'm really feeling like I've been hit by a truck and since we will be back and forth to the hospital daily for at least the next 2 weeks, I can't see the feeling passing for a while.
The boys have been great, helping out and behaving. You wouldn't know there are 4 teenaged boys in the house at all. Maybe this will continue when I am back on my feet LOL.
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Sandy. Hopefully I can answer this one. Last time it didn“t work. Gosh you had a rough time. I hope you are going to feel better and of course also John. Glad you received the flowers and the card. I was getting worried.
We are still fine here in Spain. The temperature is goin g down rapidly.Next week Sunday the 15th we will be going home.
Get well Sandy love from Riet
Post a Comment
We are still fine here in Spain. The temperature is goin g down rapidly.Next week Sunday the 15th we will be going home.
Get well Sandy love from Riet
<< Home
