Monday, October 16, 2006
Monday - What a Day
We survived Monday. John headed off to the hospital at 6.45am. I woke Simon and Shane and we were off to the school by 8am - an early start as Shane had an excursion on the first day of term. The bus was leaving at 8.30am and we didn't want to miss it. As it turned out we got to the school early, so sat in the car listening to Weird Al songs until it was time for the bus to go.
Next stop petrol station to fill up my Kia. Petrol is cheapest on Mondays.
Then I figured I would head to the shops, I bought a George Foreman Grill and Steamer combo pack for $118. Not a bad price for the 2 and after tonight's dinner I am very impressed!! A good buy.
Off to the post office and pharmacy next, then a few groceries and home again.
Time for a rest and a cup of tea, then ironing - yuck! But the good fairies don't do it unfortunately.
2.30pm I was off again, back to another grocery shop near the boys school to get a few things I forgot before the boys came out of school.
Home by 3.30pm waiting to hear from John. MIL rang at 4pm to find out if there was any news. John rang at 4.40 to let me know he had to wait to see the doctor to get the biopsy results and would be home by about 6pm.
He got home just before 6 with all good news - it seems the rejection is stopping, his creatinine is 113 (was 611 pre transplant) and normal is 120 or less. Plus - they don't need to see him till Wednesday.
Had grilled steak and steamed vegetables for dinner. YUM!!
Now to relax and breathe.
Next stop petrol station to fill up my Kia. Petrol is cheapest on Mondays.
Then I figured I would head to the shops, I bought a George Foreman Grill and Steamer combo pack for $118. Not a bad price for the 2 and after tonight's dinner I am very impressed!! A good buy.
Off to the post office and pharmacy next, then a few groceries and home again.
Time for a rest and a cup of tea, then ironing - yuck! But the good fairies don't do it unfortunately.
2.30pm I was off again, back to another grocery shop near the boys school to get a few things I forgot before the boys came out of school.
Home by 3.30pm waiting to hear from John. MIL rang at 4pm to find out if there was any news. John rang at 4.40 to let me know he had to wait to see the doctor to get the biopsy results and would be home by about 6pm.
He got home just before 6 with all good news - it seems the rejection is stopping, his creatinine is 113 (was 611 pre transplant) and normal is 120 or less. Plus - they don't need to see him till Wednesday.
Had grilled steak and steamed vegetables for dinner. YUM!!
Now to relax and breathe.
Comments:
<< Home
Great news! And...you will LOVE your Foreman! Thanks for the birthday card....chat saturday! Kathy McD
Post a Comment
<< Home
