Sunday, October 15, 2006
Back on track
Well, here we are 2 weeks and 4 days post surgery and I have been so slack with my blog, but back on track now. Trying hard to get back to 'normal' but not overdo things. I even had a nap this afternoon, went and lay down and listened to some Dixie Chicks music and had a snooze. The only trouble is I always feel worse after sleeping during the day.
We're having early nights and early mornings. But we got a day off today, John didn't have to go to the transplant clinic today, his first day off. I think his doctor was being nice to him today as tomorrow he'll be in hospital all day as he has to have a biopsy on the kidney to check for any ongoing rejection.
Physically draining for sure, but the emotional roller coaster continues.
I'll be shopping at some stage this week and picking up boxes of chocolates - one for the renal team, one for the nurses on the renal ward and one for the ladies who have been taking John's blood daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times in one day. I'll be making good use of the gorgeous Thank You cards my friend Kathy made for me. Hospital staff as mentioned, the friend who took time out on her only day off work to pick me up and take me to the hospital, our mechanic who not only collected our car and delivered it home but also did a full service for free.
Tomorrow, back to the same old routine for me - up early with John so I can see him off to hospital, then drive the boys to school, must fill the car with petrol and go to the chemist to get John's prescription filled. Will take time out for a rest in the afternoon and watch Dr Phil, then pick the boys up again and head to the hospital to collect John. At least keeping busy will keep my mind off of the biopsy.
We're having early nights and early mornings. But we got a day off today, John didn't have to go to the transplant clinic today, his first day off. I think his doctor was being nice to him today as tomorrow he'll be in hospital all day as he has to have a biopsy on the kidney to check for any ongoing rejection.
Physically draining for sure, but the emotional roller coaster continues.
I'll be shopping at some stage this week and picking up boxes of chocolates - one for the renal team, one for the nurses on the renal ward and one for the ladies who have been taking John's blood daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times in one day. I'll be making good use of the gorgeous Thank You cards my friend Kathy made for me. Hospital staff as mentioned, the friend who took time out on her only day off work to pick me up and take me to the hospital, our mechanic who not only collected our car and delivered it home but also did a full service for free.
Tomorrow, back to the same old routine for me - up early with John so I can see him off to hospital, then drive the boys to school, must fill the car with petrol and go to the chemist to get John's prescription filled. Will take time out for a rest in the afternoon and watch Dr Phil, then pick the boys up again and head to the hospital to collect John. At least keeping busy will keep my mind off of the biopsy.