Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

It's all happening

Yesterday we got the final paperwork in the mail - first mail in our brand new mail box (another story LOL I'll explain below)
So, a busy time ahead.
Thursday the 7th we are off to hospital for final blood work, a more extensive cross match.
Thursday the 14th we see the renal physician and the renal surgeon for final assessment. Then sign all the consents - I have to sign one paper to say I realise the kidney I donate won't grow back LOL.
John finishes work on the morning of the 18th and we have to go to the pre-admission clinic on the 25th. Then we are admitted to hospital on the 26th - John at 1pm and me at 4pm.
The paperwork even says "September 26th - Sandra to theatre at 8am, John to theatre at 12pm."
Luckily nothing interferes with Justin's birthday on the 13th, even though he wouldn't mind I would. We are trying to keep things as 'normal' as possible around here for the boys. Of course Simon's normal includes his social life - and we are having to say NO to a few things, like him wanting to go out at 6pm tonight and get picked up late. Not happening. John leaves for work at 10pm and by then I am wiped out, so I won't be leaving home. My argument Simon and his friends have a 4 day weekend due to school closures so why is it vital to go out to a movie late tonight? Teenagers!!

Oh and the new mail box saga. Seems we got a new postie, a rather short woman who complained that she couldn't reach our mail box and our box was too high. True, not regulation height but it has been there for 10 years plus and no complaints. But....an official complaint would result in non-delivery of our mail and I don't need that stress right now. So off we trotted and bought a new box that fits into the fence lower down so the postie can no longer complain. It meant cutting a hole in the fence to fit it, but it looks good and will be easier for my MIL when she stays here. She would have needed a ladder to get to our old mail box as she isn't even 5' tall.

Today I plan to make a nice strawberry cheesecake. Then later, homemade pizzas for dinner. I have to go to Salisbury again and take a couple of the boys with me. They have important things to do like pick up Nintendo DS games that they pre-ordered. I have exciting things to buy like weed mat for the garden and a new towel rail and curtain rail for the bathroom. What fun!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?