Friday, September 15, 2006
Friday in SA
Well the end of another week.
Our appointments went well yesterday. The renal physician who will be looking after John post surgery is really nice. The whole renal team is great actually, they all have a good sense of humour, explain everything well and are just easy to talk to.
We've signed the consent forms for surgery. I've been advised that I can change my mind at any time, but that won't happen. I should only be in hospital for a few days, but if the surgeon has to do an open nephrectomy I'll be in for 10 days. Fingers crossed I am out quick :)
John should be in for a week as long as everything works properly.
The doctor went through the risks, 3 in 10,000 risk of death. That's about the odds in any surgery though, so not something I am worried about.
MIL and FIL will stay as long as they are needed here, so if I get delayed in hospital they'll stay with the boys.
This coming week we have one more trip to the hospital as I have to sign forms in front of a registrar consenting to removal of my kidney. The only registrar available yesterday was the renal registrar and he can't sign as he is with the renal team, it has to be someone neutral. So another trip in....John and I have started considering our hospital visits as dates LOL.
So what same old, same old does today hold? School run to drop Simon off, Shane has a long weekend as his class has subject counselling for next year and he has had his counselling session already.
Then grocery shopping (again), home to make sure Justin is awake and take him aka Big Foot shoe shopping - he needs new work shoes. Then housework and it will be time to collect Simon again.
Oh I do have to call the school principal - I notified the school that the boys will be absent the last week of term and Simon's home room teacher told him that is "not allowed", that we have to write to the school principal and seek permission to keep the boys home! Utter rubbish, but I just want to ring the principal and vent.
A quiet evening ahead, just Shane and I, so I'm guessing some board games and a movie.
Our appointments went well yesterday. The renal physician who will be looking after John post surgery is really nice. The whole renal team is great actually, they all have a good sense of humour, explain everything well and are just easy to talk to.
We've signed the consent forms for surgery. I've been advised that I can change my mind at any time, but that won't happen. I should only be in hospital for a few days, but if the surgeon has to do an open nephrectomy I'll be in for 10 days. Fingers crossed I am out quick :)
John should be in for a week as long as everything works properly.
The doctor went through the risks, 3 in 10,000 risk of death. That's about the odds in any surgery though, so not something I am worried about.
MIL and FIL will stay as long as they are needed here, so if I get delayed in hospital they'll stay with the boys.
This coming week we have one more trip to the hospital as I have to sign forms in front of a registrar consenting to removal of my kidney. The only registrar available yesterday was the renal registrar and he can't sign as he is with the renal team, it has to be someone neutral. So another trip in....John and I have started considering our hospital visits as dates LOL.
So what same old, same old does today hold? School run to drop Simon off, Shane has a long weekend as his class has subject counselling for next year and he has had his counselling session already.
Then grocery shopping (again), home to make sure Justin is awake and take him aka Big Foot shoe shopping - he needs new work shoes. Then housework and it will be time to collect Simon again.
Oh I do have to call the school principal - I notified the school that the boys will be absent the last week of term and Simon's home room teacher told him that is "not allowed", that we have to write to the school principal and seek permission to keep the boys home! Utter rubbish, but I just want to ring the principal and vent.
A quiet evening ahead, just Shane and I, so I'm guessing some board games and a movie.