Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Ouch...That Hurt!!

Well, bruised and battered I made it home from the hospital.
The nurse who put the needle in to inject the contrast was not the best at it, she left the tourniquet on the top of my arm for ages while tapping my vein and getting me to pump my hand so she could find where to put the needle. Finally got it in and I was bleeding quite a bit, all over the sheet on the CT machine.
The contrast dye they inject gives a metallic taste in your mouth, a warm feeling through your body and you truly feel like you are wetting your pants. Quite a relief to know that it is only a feeling and not the real thing LOL.
From the CT scan I was to go straight to the plain x-ray, but there was a delay as the rooms were all in use. So 15 minutes later I had an x-ray. Then off to wait while they checked the films. After another 15 minutes I had the needle removed from my arm (nice bruise). Then another plain x-ray as the first one didn't show what they wanted as the delay was too long. So this time I had to lie face down while they tried again.
Another wait while the films were checked and I was free to go.
Perfect timing as we got to school just as the boys were coming out.
No stitching tonight as my arm is quite sore, but I am sure that will pass.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?